When interviewing potential custom home builders, there are twelve questions you need to ask. The answers they provide will help you determine their communication style, their eagerness to be involved in the process, and their understanding of your project.
Questions You Have To Ask
- Can you work with my designer during the designing phase to make sure that we are building a home that meets the set budget?
- What methods and strategies do you plan to use to know the actual cost of the custom home?
- How do you want to be compensated for the services you render during the preconstruction phase?
- Is the quality and style of the house we want to have within your comfort zone?
- Who will manage the construction of the house and how frequently will the custom home building be supervised directly?
- Can I meet the project superintendent or the project manager who will sit on top of the project daily?
- How do you plan to address any concerns or inquiries during the construction process?
- How competent are the subcontractors who will be working on my custom home building project?
- In case there are alterations or adjustments on the design or any unexpected circumstances that will lead to additional cost, what methods will you use to inform the designer or the owner?
- How long do you need to complete this project?
- How will you be paid for your work?
- How will you service the warranty once the construction of my custom home is complete?