The home features that people desire have evolved throughout the years and home design continues to change to reflect the preferences of homeowners. Although it was once considered as crucial, a formal living room these days is no longer considered necessary. People these days know very well what they want to have in their new custom home.
Top 5 Features In A New Custom Home
The National Association of Home Builders said buyers prefer the following custom home features:
- Lots of storage – having too much is not enough when it comes to storage especially when it comes to walk in closets in bedrooms. A guest closet and a different family closet close to the back door or the garage are preferred, as well as an organized drop and gather alcove close to the back door. Another favorite among new homeowners are walk in kitchen pantries as well as easy attic access.
- Separate Laundry Room – homeowners love a space that can serve multiple functions. They want to be able to sort their dirty laundry and also fold clean clothes. They want to have amenities such as a drip dry closet, soaking sink, or a built in ironing board are usually requested. Light and storage are necessities. Some people ask their Myrtle Beach home builders add specialized features in their home such as several cabinets, dog shower, a laundry chute from the bathroom upstairs as well as second floor laundry rooms.
- Outdoor living space – these days, the lines between the outdoor and indoor living space have started to blur. With an increasing focus on living healthy, outdoor spaces have become an important extension of homeowner’s indoor living space. Homeowners like big private patios that are partly covered and work as extra rooms. Outdoor fireplaces and kitchens, ceiling fans, as well as built in seating are common. Having a good exterior lighting is also a popular custom home feature for both ambience and safety.
- Energy Efficiency – purchasing Energy Star Appliances isn’t enough when it comes to energy efficiency. Design features like high insulation, natural lighting, thermal mass, and home orientation are popular, and energy producing technologies such as photovoltaic or geothermal. Many new home owners ask their custom home builders Myrtle Beach to add home designs that take into account the natural environment and preservation of resources.
- Bonus Rooms or Flex Spaces – Family requires change. They play room that appears to be so crucial to young families can easily be changed into a game room, study nook, or teen center once toddlers turn teenagers. Or based on its location, it may fulfill the need for a house office, library, adult playroom, indoor potting she, or even an art studio once your kids finally have homes of their own.
Even though these five features top the list, always remember that your custom home should cater to your wants and needs. Call Dawol Homes now and let our custom home builders bring your dream home to life.
Find great home tips on our Facebook page
9404 Hwy 17 Bypass,
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Dawol Homes Sales Office
3100 Dick Pond Rd # E
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
We build homes in: Cypress River Plantation, Waterway Palms, Waterbridge, Murrells Inlet, Collins Creek, Bellwood Landing, Carolina Forest, Plantation Lakes, North Myrtle Beach, Socastee, Surfside Beach, Pawleys Island, Litchfield Plantation