How much does it cost to build a custom home? The National Association of Home Builders said the average price of building a single family house is $103 per square foot. Always remember that how much you need to spend in constructing a house can differ widely based on your location. So, if you wish to know if you can afford to build one, you should find a more targeted estimate so you can get the price per square foot in your desired location.
Building a Custom Home: What are the main costs?
There are some main costs involved in the building of a custom home Myrtle Beach. Sure, every time you build a house, the costs are a bit different. However, there are a few biggies you need to know.
- The roofing, doors, windows, and walls, which are the shell of your home, is responsible for about a third of the total cost of your home.
- The cabinets, countertops, and floor may account for another third of your budget.
- The heating and plumbing, everything that’s mechanical, take up about 13%.
- Bathrooms and kitchens are the costliest parts of the house to build, especially if the average cost for the finishes such as the countertops and cabinets alone cost more than $16,000. So, if you want to save money, you should ask yourself if you really need a third bathroom.
- Engineer and architect drawings cost about $4,500.
Other Costs To Build A Custom Home
Even if you already know the main costs of building a custom home, there are still other expenses that you need to cover. Listed below are some of the additional costs that you have to know that are not included in the costs listed above.
- The average cost of a plot of land is $3,020 per acre. Having said that, the average house is constructed only on 0.2 acres, so unless you would like to have a huge space in the neighbourhood that you desire the most, this alone will not break the bank.
- The most variable cost when it comes to constructing a home is excavation as well as the foundation.
- A building permit is required.
- Other costs that you will incur before you start to hammer even a single nail will include land inspections as well as an impact fee, imposed by the government to cover the price that a new home will sustain like waste removal as well as electricity.
What are the advantages of building a custom home?
- Everything from the heating and cooling system to the pipes are brand new.
- No costly repairs during the first few years after building your home especially if it’s build accurately using top quality materials.
- You can design your home according to your specifications.
Buy or Build A Custom Home
- The upfront cost of buying an existing house is cheaper than building a new custom home.
- The maintenance costs is lower if you build a new custom home compared to an existing house.
- An existing house will have mature landscaping. Meanwhile, you need to spend thousands of cash for landscaping if you build a new house.
- Older homes are less energy efficient. But a new custom home can be fitted with energy efficient equipment and building materials.
Call Dawol Homes if you have decided to build a custom home and you need the expertise of a custom home builder to make your dream home come true.
3100 Dick Pond Rd # E
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588