Do you want to build a custom built home but don’t know where to start? Here’s a checklist to help you out.
Custom Home Building: Getting Started
You may have already considered building your custom home for a while now or maybe it just crossed your mind recently. This guide starts from the top and aims to help you consider a budget, timeframe, finding the perfect lot, and working with a reliable custom home builder.
Designing Your Custom Home
- Building a custom home allows you to design your custom built home Myrtle Beach according to your needs. Here’s what you need to do:
- Know the size of your house
- Are there any limitations to the size of your home?
- How many stories do you want it to have?
- What rooms do you want to include?
- Consider your preferred type of layout
- Determine the structural features you wish to incorporate in every room
- Know your style and design preferences
- What are the special features you wish to include?
- Do you want your home to be eco-friendly?
Assemble The Team Who Will Build Your Custom Home
You need to hire people who will help you build your custom home. You have to look for the following:
- Custom home builder
- Interior designer
Don’t forget to monitor the building process, the clean up, and landscaping.
What is your budget?
There are many things that you need to factor in when considering your budget. You have to take into account the cost of the property, local taxes and fees, home construction, landscaping, interior decoration, furnishing, and emergency fund.
What is the timeframe?
Everyone wants their home to be finished as soon as possible. If you already have a general date that you want your custom home to be completed by, you should have a definite start and end date.
Choosing The Land For Your Custom Home
When you’re choosing a land, there are many things you have to consider if you want a custom built home. You should factor in the size of the property, closeness of the neighbors, flatness or slope of the land, where the plot faces, the natural surroundings, trees, the design of the other houses in the area, access to resources, and level of privacy.
Designing Your Custom Home
When designing your custom home, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Make a unique design and don’t be afraid to go big on your ideas.
- You should know what your dreams, needs, wants, and don’t wants are.
- Identify the rooms that are most important to you.
- Rank your preferred features according to their importance.
- Gather photos of features and things that you want and don’t want.
How big do you want your home to be?
When you’re building your custom home, you should know how much space you can work with.
How to build a house with your lifestyle in mind?
Do you have any hobby? Remember, you’re building a custom home and that means you can design it in a way that fits your lifestyle. If you’re a musician, then you would need a music room. If you love biking, then you should have a bike storage space. If you’re an artist, then you need a studio room and if you’re a busy executive, you need a home office.
Choose Your Custom Home Builder
Now, it’s time to hire a custom home builder. Make sure to hire one that has a good reputation, impeccable track record, and great reviews. Do your research well. Remember that he’ll be helping you build your custom home and you need to make sure that you’re working with the best.
Call Dawol Homes now and we’ll make sure that you get the home of your dreams. We’ll be with you every step of the way.