You have been dreaming of moving into your new custom home for the longest time and you want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. To make sure that you will have a stress-free move, here is a six-week countdown checklist that will help make the experience stress free.
6 Weeks Before Your Stress-Free Move To Your New Custom Home
This is the time to start your planning. You need to organize things including the following:
- Audit the things you need to move. Create a list of every room and what you want to move to your new home.
- Identify the things that you wish to pack yourself. Come up with a list that you prefer to pack on your own instead of having the movers do it.
- Ask for moving estimates. Obtain estimates from three moving companies or more.
- Get some moving boxes. Find out how many boxes you need to move the items that you wish to pack yourself.
- Get labels for the moving boxes.
- Check your insurance. Call your agent to check if you have to make any alterations to your policy.
- Changing of address. Don’t forget to complete a change of address card.
- Make a move file. You need a file for your moving plan and make sure to keep all the documents, receipts, and other paperwork associated with your move.
5 Weeks Before Your Stress-Free Move
This is the time you need to inform people about your upcoming move.
- Change your billing address. This is the perfect time to inform service providers about your new address and when you’ll start using it.
- Start packing little used items. Now is the perfect time to start packing smaller items that you rarely use like the things that you have stored in your attic, basement, or garage.
- Be sure to pack related things together. Don’t forget to label them appropriately so your unpacking will be much easier.
- You should consider taking digital photos. Now is the best time to take pictures of how you want your stereo systems or home theatre to be set up or how you want your computer stations to be installed. This is much better than having to recall how it looked like in your previous house.
4 Weeks Before Your Stress-Free Move
This is the time when you start purging your house of the thing that you don’t plan to bring to your new custom home.
- Garage sale. If the local community will allow you to do so, organizing a moving day sale is a great way to get rid of the items that you don’t want anymore.
- Aside from holding a garage sale, you can also donate these things to charity.
3 Weeks Before Your Stress-Free Move
This is the time for you to deal with things like car registration as well as any access concerns that would affect your move into your new custom home.
- Inform the Florida DMV.
- Reserve any parking or street access needed for movers to park their truck.
- You should check all the places where you hide important but small things like jewellery, keys, and the like to make sure that nothing has been left behind.
- Begin packing. It is best if you pack every room separately. Pack the rooms in the order that you would like the items to come out and be sure to label them properly.
2 Weeks Before Your Stress-Free Move
This is the time to take care of services that you would need if you move into your brand new custom home.
- Notify your internet and TV provider about your pending move and make sure that you arrange for the service in your new house.
- You should get in touch with your utilities so you can schedule them to be switched on in your new custom house.
- If you want your moving day and your first few weeks in your new custom house to be much easier, be sure to bring a moving kit with important items like credit cards, checkbooks, toiletries, first aid items, and towels.
1 Week Before Your Stress-Free Move
You will feel extremely excited during this time. Don’t forget to take care of some final concerns.
- If you have vets, make sure that you visit the veterinarian for immunization.
- Share your new address to your friends and inform your family, too.
- Fill prescriptions and make sure you have enough for the first few weeks.
- Check all of the rooms to make sure that you have packed everything and every box has been labeled correctly.
- Come up with a moving floor plan that will help you identify where boxes and furniture need to go.
One Day Before Your Stress-Free Move
It is the time for the final checks and to bid farewell to your old home.
- Disconnect your appliances before the movers arrive.
- Defrost the freezer and the refrigerator.
- You should also drain the oil and the gas.
- You should also back up and then turn off all of your computers.
Stress Free Moving Day Is Finally Here!
It’s the big day. It will surely be a stress free day if you follow the checklist mentioned above.
- Make sure to guide your movers regarding fragile items.
- Before leaving your old house, make sure to check all the cabinets, closets, as well as storage areas to make sure that you haven’t left anything behind.
- Hand the floor plan you’ve created to your movers so they know which of the boxes go into what room in your new custom home Myrtle Beach.
Call Dawol Homes if you need the help of expert custom home builders to bring your dream home to life.
3100 Dick Pond Rd # E
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588